Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Creative Space

The obsession continues....
And it seems to be a genuine obsession - I knitted this hat in record time! The pattern is courtesy of Leonie from Dr Bones Knits, and I must say that I think it's great! It's a very flexible pattern that can be modified to fit your yarn, needles and size required, which is perfect when you need to go stash diving because you absolutely MUST make something NOW! (Ahem.)

Details:
Pattern: Leonie's Basic Hat Recipe
Yarn: BWM Luxury 8ply in Ruby (I think - it's been in my stash for years but it seems to match the current colour card sample of that colourway!)
Sticks: 5mm dpns (I have discovered that having less than 3 stitches on a dpn can result in some novel twisty stitches...not an issue in this case as my perfectionist streak seems to have taken a holiday - the need to make fast is obviously the priority right now!)
Size: Newborn (I think. We'll find out, I guess!)

And continuing on with the obsessive theme, apparently now I MUST finish this granny blanket that's been languishing in my WIP pile for at least 4 years without being touched.

I have one more row of squares to stitch on (whip stitch - I really wish I'd known about joining with slip stitch when I started this!!) before doing the edging and then weaving in about 70 gazillion ends. This was my 'learn to crochet' project, and I've learnt an awful lot since then. Like weaving in ends as you go. Arrrgh! Even so, I MUST. FINISH. BLANKET. Weird obsession central in this house right now...

To check out some slightly less weirdly obsessive creating, visit My Creative Space at Kootoyoo!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww I love the hat and Yay for getting some gusto to finish the blanket..:)

Rie said...

Love the hat, it's so cute! The colours for your granny are brilliant, I love the grey.

Sue said...

The hat is super cute and the granny blanket looks wonderful!

Leonie said...

Thank you. Glad it worked out for you. We all need a quick hat pattern from time to time!

Photography said...

Lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

great colour combinations you have there. that luxury would make a lovely soft hat. nice work!

Gina said...

Yeehar, giddyup with that blanket! I'm so glad to see it back on rotation. Very very impressed, even. Perhaps end-weaving might be a good labouring option...? (hahahaaaaa)

Jodie said...

Love the hat, gorgeous colour!!!

Hugs - Jodie :)