Saturday, October 30, 2010

The fruit of Time-To-Myself

Time-To-Myself happened again this morning! T took the girls out to the Toy Library which gave me the chance to get back to those drawstring bags that I'd had limited success with last weekend.

I'm very excited to report that they're finished!
Looking at this photo, though, I've just realised that my time-saving attempt of eliminating the bottom seam by folding the fabric has resulted in an upside-down-animal side of the green bag. Oops. Note to self: Pay attention to the directionality of fabric in future!

Still, I'm rather pleased with them. All bits were already on hand (the benefits of stashing for the future!), and these bags are REALLY basic so they were a perfect project for me right now. The original instructions are from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross.

Time-To-Myself is a wonderful thing. I appreciate it even more than ever at the moment.

8 comments:

Tania said...

Actually, you have factored in the bit where the bag is held upside down for contents-emptying purposes. It would be a shame to have had upside down animals at that critical moment. Clever lady.

Kylie said...

They look great - yay to time-to-yourself.

Sue said...

What is wrong with upside down animals! They both look great and glad you had some time to do some crafty goodness too.

Sally said...

Those bags are great... and animals (& little people) hang up side down on a regular basis anyhow!

SO GLAD that you've got some time to yourself. So important.

becclebee said...

time to yourself is so so lovely. i'm having a time to myself day today - the first in ages. and i am so keen to do so many things, i almost don't know where to start! and great little bags. and a few upside down animals will barely be noticed - it's such cute fabric!

here's hoping you get some more time to yourself soon!

midge said...

fallen in to the same trap myself. easy fixed. turn bag around or stand on your head whichever is easier. i think they are lovely

Anonymous said...

Ha! Too funny. (I'm so laughing with you, not at you!) I juse made this same move toward "efficiency", only to discover the other side was upside down. They are lovely, though, aren't they? Well done!

Anonymous said...

Too funny!! I just did EXACTLY this same "efficient" thing (only to discover the same upside down result!) They are lovely just the same, though, aren't they? Well done!