Sunday, June 27, 2010

A dishcloth

During a flying 36 hour visit to Adelaide (with 18 month old in tow - will rethink timeframes next time...), I managed to find time to crochet most of a dishcloth. It was the perfect project for the trip: nice and small with a simple, easy to memorise pattern.

I finished it this afternoon, so it can go into circulation straight away!

Details:
Pattern: Tulip Stitch dishcloth, here.
Yarn: approx 40g Mission Falls worsted weight cotton
Hook size: 3.5mm

Ravelled here.

I've recently decided I need several more dishcloths, so there may be a few more made here over the next few months!

6 comments:

Sue said...

What a lovely dishcloth, crocheting them must be much faster than knitting them up.

midge said...

that would have to be the prettiest dish cloth i have ever seen, way too nice to get all wet and foodie.

Tammy said...

Oh thats pretty!

Anonymous said...

that's a great looking dishcloth! I lvoe crocheting them - it's so much faster. And I am using crocheted dishcloths regularly now that I made a decade ago!

Tania said...

You know what? I reckon crochet is a win win anywhere with an 18 month in tow! Especially up in the air where knitting needles may be deemed deathly instruments and confiscated leaving empty, wasted hours of thumb twiddling...

Sally said...

Lovin' your dishcloth so much... feeling inspired - off to check out the pattern now :)