Saturday, August 28, 2010

At last!

Shoes for peanut finished! Phew. Another thing crossed off the list. Now I just need to work out what to knit next...
On a slightly different note, I have worked out how to facilitate the fast knitting of things that would take me forever. Like this adorable little cardigan. I found the pattern and bought the yarn, and put both in the post to my mother-in-law. Hey presto, less than two weeks later, the finished product arrived on our doorstep!
I eventually found the perfect buttons at the Be Be Bold stand at the Quilt and Craft Fair, so now it's being worn with much joy and enthusiasm!
Yarn: Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 10 ply in Lake
Size: 2 years
Mods: full rather than 3/4 length sleeves

11 comments:

Leonie said...

The booties are gorgeous as is your lovely daughter in her Grandma's handiwork. Congrats to both of you on your successes. Of course this means you are in need of a new project...I have sent you an email :-)

Sue said...

The booties are so cute and I love the combination of blue and orange together. Wow what a fantastic grandma your daughter has, making such beautiful garments for her to wear and she is such a cute little model too!

Kate said...

LOVE the little shoesies!
LOVE the cardi too but that little model steals the show. She is so cute.

CurlyPops said...

How adorable!
I need to find myself a talented mother in law to knit me a gorgeous cardi.

Gina said...

Hmmm. Must get me a knitting mother-in-law! Dig those booties... And my little goddaughter :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous little booties! and the tiny tea leaves is soo cute, ive seen an adult version and its lovely, such a great pattern.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Love the two tone booties, gorgeous, love Posie

Sally said...

Great booties! Love 'em loads and loads.

LJ said...

Oh my goodness those booties are gorgeous!

becclebee said...

thats a fabulously efficient way of getting things made. i love it! and your booties turned out great too!

Tracey@bountifully said...

oh this is adorable, loving your yarn work! Came to your blog via the gorgeous Gina, nice to be following along now