Sunday, July 11, 2010

Two more...

These hats are for Gina's two boys. I can't really claim the green one, as Mum knitted it. I did the other bits (the provisional cast on, grafting and seaming), but the bulk of the work really is the knitting. Still, two hats! They're the same style as the one I made for my daughter a couple of weeks ago, though made to fit slightly larger heads.

And on a slightly relevant note, how do you hold bits of knitting together when sewing seams? I've discovered that hair clips are rather useful fasteners, and they don't get lost like pins often do!

8 comments:

Sue said...

Well done on knitting the hats, they look great. Love the hair clip idea too.

CurlyPops said...

I use clips when sewing instead of pins. I always tend to stab myself otherwise!

Sally said...

Oh wow... great hats! Looking forward to seeing a pic of Gina's boys - they're going to look so handsome wearing those knitted hats.
... and thanks for the clip tip! I don't knit - but I'm sure it will be handy with the crochet too :)

Unknown said...

Great job!!! Look super cozy.

Vic said...

They're great! Love the hair clips too!

Unknown said...

What kind of yarn did you use- it looks so soft and amazing would like to bookmark it for future hat projects and cowls! xo m.

Gina said...

Doing a little happy dance in the kitchen at the thought of those beanies! I'm sure they'll be worn with great pride. For three seconds. THANKS!!

Tania said...

I reckon those two mischief munchkins will LOVE and ADORE these hats for every moment of Gina's predicted three seconds! Well done Mrs. (as far as holding seams together, I can't remember the last time I have. I realise this has something to do with an allergy to knitted garments requiring sewn togetherness! Bad finisher, moi.)