Sunday, October 24, 2010

A tiny glimpse into the workings of my brain...

I was gifted a very precious 90 minutes this afternoon of Time-To-Myself while my husband took the girls to the park. I decided to use it wisely and make a couple of small drawstring bags for some things in my oldest's special feeding-time bag. Very do-able.

I pulled out my fabric options, and chose a couple that would work nicely. I ironed the first fabric and cut the piece I intended to use.

Speed bump number 1:
How do I thread the bobbin again?

After consulting the manual and still having thread-breaking issues, I re-threaded the top thread after consulting the manual again, and the machine sewed. Success!

Temporary success.
The right side is supposed to face IN when sewing seams.

Bugger.

Now where's my seam ripper?

4 comments:

Sally said...

A great insight into your mind. I can relate :)

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh darling, wait until you see the pants i made the wrong way around when my husband took the children out so i could sew. I had tears in my eyes i was laughing at my mistake. Sending you sewjo vibes. Love Posie

Tania said...

If it's any consolation, it doesn't take a newborn in the house to achieve that sort of brain fade. Sadly.

Gina said...

Grrr. But yay for 90 mins alone...?