Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rain

It's been raining on and off here today since lunchtime.

It's lovely.

******

After a couple of hideous sub-four-hour nights of sleep due to a combination of what has turned out to be a toddler ear infection and newborn nighttime feeding, I've decided to keep a 24hr sleep log (from midday to midday) for the next few weeks. Given I'm planning to be in this space every day during October, I figure it's the perfect place to do it.

Last night was a very good night. I managed 8.5(!) hours all up, with 2.5 of those between 8 and 10.30am this morning (loving having a husband home on paternity leave!). I also made a concerted effort to have the light out by 10pm last night, which gave me an extra hour at that end, too. Ugh. Not good at this broken sleep thing. It will pass, though, it will pass. Eventually!

2 comments:

Peta @ Pippiwillow said...

Oh Ms Dillpickle...its been ages since I 've been able to read blogs...what flavour baby did you get & CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am feeling your pain re: the sleep issue - my sleep deprivation is (unfortunately) due to the nature of my work..not (another) wee baby. Remember there's always a good blog to read whilst your feeding - 'read n feed' I used to call it...

Leonie said...

Loving the rain and this evening the thunder and odd bit of lightning too :-)

I'm sending you good sleep vibes, i need them here as well!