Thursday, November 4, 2010

my creative space

In the last week, I finally managed the last step on this little vest for my daughter. It's been wallowing in the I'm-so-close-to-being-finished-that-I'm-being-ignored pile for several weeks, and has now been set free into the land of toddler wear. Maybe it would rather it stayed in the pile?
It's perfect for those Spring/summer/autumn days that are not quite warm enough for just a shirt, so it should get lots of wear over the next few months (when it's not waiting for another wash!).
It's also perfect for keeping an eye on those pesky chooks to make sure they're scratching around and laying eggs appropriately!
Details:
Pattern: Eden's Adam by Tikki (size 2 vest) - I would highly recommend this pattern (Ravelry link). It has excellent instructions and is a REALLY fast knit (see below).
Yarn: Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 8ply in Bracken (123g, or comfortably less than one 200g ball)
Sticks: 3.5 & 4.5mm circs
Timeframe: 16 September 2010 to 1 November 2010. Actual knitting time was 8 days, which is quite incredible given that I AM the slowest knitter in the universe. I think the speed was due to a really straightforward pattern and the urgency associated with an imminent birth. Productivity increased exponentially in the month before the arrival of daughter number 2!
New skills learnt: Long tail cast on (desperate internet search involved here!), and jogged garter stitch in the round (easy to follow instructions provided with the pattern).

Ravelled here.

Lots of great creating can be found a Kootoyoo. It's well worth a visit!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable!!! Great job and yay for a finished product.

Bianca said...

oooh, i've been umming and aaahing over that pattern myself and I love the colour you've used! i might buy it finally and give it a go!

xB

Sue said...

The little vest looks so sweet on your son, and I love the color too. Might have to follow that link for the provisional cast on too.

Maxabella said...

He looks gorgeous, that colour is perfect for little boys. I know what you mean about 'almost but not quite' finished projects - I have many! Glad this one made it out into the world just in time for our weird cold / not cold weather. x

MooBear Designs said...

Oh I love the colour!! great choice! That's the hardest part for me sticking to a colour choice...lol.

xo Steph

Sally said...

I'm loving that colour so much. Such a sweet vest - and what fun your daughter appears to be having.

Kylie said...

It looks great - and the colour is perfect for playing in the yard. I need to get one of these done for Baden.

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Very very cute.
Lucky lucky girl.