Monday, December 7, 2009

Return from Never Never Land

I've spent the last 11 days absent from blogland while visiting my parents in Northern NSW. My husband was in PNG for a little over a week, and as I'm not a particularly good single parent, I took my daughter to hang out with her grandparents.
Other than a few hairy moments - one involving my nearly one-year-old and the chilli above (this is the aftermath!), we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Hopefully it won't take too long for the grandparents to recover!

I very nearly finished a crocheted cardi which is so close I might even have pictures sometime this week. But that depends on whether or not I spend too long starting to catch up on the 500+ blog entries in my reader. Gulp!

One of the benefits of temporary family separation is presents! This is a bilum that I received from my husband, and given my current interest in crocheting string bags, it's particularly appropriate! The stitch detail is really interesting, and I think I'd like to find out more about how they're made. You never know, I might make one myself one day!


4 comments:

yardage girl said...

Welcome back ... glad to hear you've been having a nice time in good ol NSW!

Angie said...

I hear it's been hot up there (my family also live up that way), hope you got to a beach.

The chilli lesson....my daughter also went through this one, despite several warnings.....she now warns all & sundry about the dangers of chilli plants!

Nikki said...

Welcome home!

So is the chilli story funny yet? Or was it that traumatic that it will never be funny?

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

not Never never land Glennifer perhaps???