I seem to be a little infatuated at the moment. Maybe it's because it's summer and I've had a few weeks away from knitting. Maybe it's because after a holiday, I actually have the brain space to think about what I'd like to do with the delicious yarn my sister brought back for me from Purl Soho. But whatever it is, the interest is back! I've already amassed a rather daunting list of What I'd Like to Knit in 2010....
1. Finish Child's Cardi. I'd like to think that this one was put aside because the yarn is Aran which is far too warm to knit with in summer, rather than because I picked up way more stitches for the buttonhole band than I did for the button band and now I'm having a huff with it. Ahem. It's too close not to finish!
2. Finish hat. Well, restart (for the fourth or fifth time) then finish hat. I still really want to wear it, so I NEED TO FINISH IT!! And it probably wont take long once I get started properly!
3. Finish Lily of the Valley scarf. I only started this last week, but it's rather lovely! I'm using Jade Sapphire silk/cashmere in Japanese Maple (see pic above) and it's so nice to touch! This is one of the skeins that arrived from Purl with my sister, so I'm putting it to good use already! Sadly I need to rip it back to the start of the main pattern repeat (only about 10 rows - I'm slow at this lace business, but this is my first attempt!!), but I'm enjoying the process anyway.
4. These wrist warmers
5. A cardigan for me, possibly this pattern, but I also REALLY like this one - could I knit two in one year? Unlikely!!
6. A jumper for winter for my little one
7. Some baby/child hats for mine and gifts for others
And there's a whole stack of patterns in my Ravelry queue that I'd love to have a go at, but I haven't committed fully to any more as yet. Am I completely mad?!?
Of course, there's also my crochet list, sewing list, and other experimenty type things I have floating around my head.
I can sometimes feel so overwhelmed by the possibilities that I never start anything. So I just need to keep remembering to start things! Oh, and then finish them, of course....
Edited to add: I forgot socks! I also want to knit at least one pair of socks this year. Just confirming that I have slightly unrealistic expectations of my possible productivity....