Friday, September 25, 2009

Confessions of a WIPaholic - episode 2

Two years ago, I began working on a project for a very special little person's first birthday. Praise the Lord for hand sewing month, because it finally got delivered on Wednesday. Only 18 months late.

I did learn a couple of new skills - I'd never done lazy daisy stitch or mastered the french knot before - not that 'mastery' is appropriate just yet, but getting closer!

I also took the opportunity to frame another cross-stitch that's been sitting completed in a box for at least 2 years....
Gotta love the cross-stitch kit, especially when they're finished! I might have several others waiting to be started, but they're only on the to do list, not the work in progress list....yet!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Better late than never. They're both beautiful - fine pieces of work to treasure and enjoy for years and years to come.