Today I'm attempting to improve the underlay for my ironing board. When I was attaching the interfacing for the bag I made, I noticed that I managed to get a 'lovely' crisscross pattern kind of embossed onto the fabric. It wass possibly because my very cheap ironing board cover is about 8 years old and the underlay is no longer doing it's job.
As is often the case, Gina has come to the rescue and provided a thrifted woollen* blanket that I plan to cut into and use as additional padding. I'm thinking 2 layers will be enough, but it might end up needing 3. We'll see!
Sadly, I'm not replacing the very (un)attractive ironing board cover - it's still functioning fine.
For some rather more visually appealing creative spaces, visit Kirsty.
*I tested it last night by cutting a small piece off and trying to set it on fire. It just fizzed out so it must be wool!