Friday, August 28, 2009

A conclusion to Episode 1

It is finished.


Hand sewing the binding was time-consuming, but the rhythm was quite therapeutic and satisfying. I suspect I'm not Mrs Efficient when it comes to hand sewing, either in my speed or the stitch I used! But it's relatively neat and I kind of worked out how to use a thimble :-)

I also like the way it's come up after washing it - the quilting indents are a little more pronounced which is nice.

So, the verdict:
I like it a lot more now than I did when I pulled out the partially completed top a month ago. Yay!
And I'm now dreaming up the next one - a quilt for my daughter when she moves into a big bed (I have well over a year so it's possible in theory!), and something that she might still like as a teenager. OK, so this last bit might be a tad unrealistic, but I'm only dreaming at this stage!

4 comments:

Gina said...

It looks gorgeous. I like the washed after-effect too. I'm excited about what you might come up with for quilt no.2... AND I can't believe you're onto quilt no2 now!

Nikki Cardigan said...

A project finished... Congratulations! Your quilt is beautiful. While time consuing, I'm sure the handsewing is part of it's beauty and it means that so much of you was sewn into this quilt.

Now to just remember this high you are feeling, so as to use it to inspire other WIPs to be completed.

Leonie Guld said...

I love a project finished!! congratulations it looks fantastic.

tea with lucy said...

Wow. So pretty. I'm loving the colous you have chosen.