I have always been the sort of crafter that is not very good at completion.
Up until a few months ago, I had at least 7 projects in progress (many for years!?!), several of which were only a few hours work away from completion. But could I find the inclination to do it?? Then a dear friend took matters into her own hands. She gave me a piece of Alexander Henry Juicy Jungle fabric and a deadline. It worked! I finished something!
Most recently, I finished a pair of baby shoes :-) Probably the most difficult sewing project I've done, the pattern came from the wonderful Meet Me at Mikes book. But I did it! It's a miracle!
I think they're very cute, even if they're a bit rough! They've already found their way to their new feet ;-)
So, buoyed by my still rare success, I felt a very strong NEED to sew something else. I decided to pull out a patchwork project started over 18 months ago. Out came my cutting mat, rotary cutter, my fancy (but very short) patchwork ruler (all of which had never been used before(!) and the fabric I'd bought for borders. I took a deep breath and cut my first strip, sewed it on and took it to the ironing board to press my new seam....only to discover that I'd sewed the wrong sides together rather than the right sides. No, no, no, no, NO!!!! Soooo typical.
At this point, I would normally unpick the seam and pack everything away in a huff, not to be pulled out again for some time (months, at least)! But I have fought against it. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have a finished quilt top, ready to be taken to the patchwork shop for instructions on what to do next!