Saturday, October 31, 2009

I made it!

It is done. One post per day for the 31 days of October. Wow!

While there have been days when it's been quite difficult to come up with something, I've found it far easier than I anticipated. Being fairly new to this blogging thing (and having a dreadful track record when it comes to keeping paper journals), I really wasn't sure that I'd succeed without veering too much into drivel land (that might be today's job). But I've been pretty happy with the posts I've done, and I think the content has been fairly close to what I anticipated this blog would be about (crafting, cooking, gardening, living, and occasionally parenting). Daily posting this month has helped consolidate for me what this blog is about.

I've enjoyed the challenge of producing something each day. This is probably the first daily non-parenting related thing that I've committed to since becoming a mum, and it's nice to discover that I can maintain a commitment, even if it is only for 5 minutes some days!

I've also enjoyed finding new (to me) blogs, though I haven't got anywhere near halfway through all the people who signed up, so I expect I'll find even more to add to my reader as I continue through the list!

One of the biggest drawbacks of Blogtoberfest for me has been an inability to keep up with my reader - I currently have over 250 posts to catch up on, so I'm hoping that once everyone stops blogging daily it will be easier to maintain!!

Thanks Cathy for a challenging and fun month. I think I will try to maintain regular posting as it helps me feel like I'm achieving something, but 3-4 times a week rather than daily (phew, I hear you say). I'm taking the day off tomorrow!!

4 comments:

Bells said...

you've captured the intensity of it really well. I didn't get around to nearly as many participants as I hoped, but I did meet some new bloggers and that's been really really nice! Well done for surviving!

Unknown said...

Whooo hoooo!!!! What a great month :) It went by pretty quickly too.

Kate said...

I can't believe I didn't realise that today was the last day. Wow, well done to us. I also haven't worked my way through that list but found some great new reads. Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

Tania said...

My hat goes off to you all. Even I feel like I need to have a sympathetic lie down and a cuppa!