Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Word of wisdom for the day

Don't hammer when cranky.
There's an old, decrepit, non-functioning gate in our side fence that until a few weeks ago hadn't been opened for years. There was a large rock placed in front of it by a previous occupant to stop it being accidently opened. However, apparently when you're a nincompoop with a few too many muscles, you can force it open, effectively removing the bottom plank from the rest of the gate. Grrr. Someone used it again today while I was out, leaving it wide open. So, I decided to fix it. Sadly, my incompetent hammering abilities are unlikely to stand up to over-muscled nincompoops, but hopefully it will hold up until tomorrow when my dad arrives for a week. He's good at fixing things....

2 comments:

M.E. Greene said...

Don't hammer when angry... I love it! :)

M.E. Greene said...

Oops, I meant cranky! I guess hammering when we're angry might not be a good idea, either. :)