Monday, October 26, 2009

Special Delivery

When the AUD hit 0.92US, I decided it was necessary to take advantage of it and go yarn shopping. (Though it just keeps getting better. Maybe I should go shopping again?) Excitingly, my box of yarn all the way from America arrived this morning! Here's what I got....
...a skein of kettle dyed fingering yarn (looks like 4 ply?) in Chilli Pepper. Maybe a shawl? It's very soft and the colour is striking, and I've never knitted a shawl before...

....2 skeins of Spud & Chloe Outer - possibly earmarked for child hats, it's so lovely and soft!....

and 5 skeins of Cascade 220 in Mallard. It's so very pretty and not expensive at all, so I got enough to make a decent sized child's jumper or something.

I love yarn. I'm trying very hard to not buy any just because. It needs to have a possible project in mind to be able to justify a purchase. Only, I have so many possible projects in my head at the moment, that I could probably nearly fill the house and feel justified! Maybe I need to come up with some other criteria....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW... I can hardly tell you how jealous I am of your spud and chloe purchase... am busting to get my hands on it....happy knitting.

Beck said...

Beautiful colours, how fun to have some new inspiration! Enjoy xo

yardage girl said...

Like the colours alot - I don't knit or anything and I want to buy some too! Have fun with them!

Sally said...

Leave your criteria at "possible" projects - it gives you so much scope for fun!!!

Kate said...

Gorgous! How are you storing all this yarn Miss Dillpickle? I too have a bit of a yarn fettish but I need some storage solutions as old nappy boxes and coles bags don't really provide the inspiration I am after.

CurlyPops said...

Mmmm lovely colours indeed!

Unknown said...

Oooh I am jealous too..It is all super lovely!! I keep telling myself no more but then the stash keeps growing..:P

Tania said...

Sometimes, just sometimes I reckon you should be allowed to buy yarn without a specific project in mind (like whenever there's a strong Aussie dollar!).

Signed

Felllow Yarn Stasher-er