Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'm going to do it!

Since I received the pattern last week for the child's cardigan I signed up to do a test knit for, I've flip flopped erratically between jumping in feet first and giving up now before my significant fears that it's way too hard are proven to be correct.

But I've finally committed to a decision. I went to the wool shop on Thursday and bought the two circular needles, two sets of dpns and the two stitch holders that I need. Yes, two of each. I told you it was hard and scary and....

I think I just need to get on with it ;-)

8 comments:

Kate said...

Oooh good luck. It's going to be lovely in that charcoal colour but it does sound complicated if it needs all that paraphernalia half of which I've never heard of.

Tania said...

Ah, don the goggles, pull on the floaties and dive on in Mrs. It'll be fine! Just read everything three times first and count some stitches occasionally (says she who always misses at least one crucial bit in any knitting pattern and has to frog three quarters of it)...

Sue said...

I am test knitting the same pattern but am just using straights instead of circs. I love the charcoal color too, just beautiful.

Unknown said...

Sounds scarey :P...I hope you find it easier then you expect..Love the color.

Nikki said...

What's the worse that can happen? If it all goes belly up, you can felt the jacket and make some brooches!! Throw away your fear and cast on. I am sure it will all go to plan and once again, you will surprise yourself.

Gina said...

Well if I could understand the knitty language I'm sure I would be feeling scared for you too. As it is, I feel quite confident you'll do a beautiful job!

Liesl said...

Good luck - I'm sure you are going to do a great job as a tester!

Jodie said...

Oh I can't wait to see how this turns out, very exciting!!!! I'd love to test knit something one day... I love the yarn colour that you've chosen, beautiful...

Take Care
Jodie :)