Thursday, October 29, 2009

my creative space

It's growing! Surprisingly quickly, really.
I've used my fandangled new stitch holders, and I'm about to embark on some 'short rows'. Just slightly scary as I've never done them before. But if I can do them here, that's another reason to start knitting socks, as short rows seem to play a big part in heel flaps. Can't start socks until I've finished the jacket though!

I'm quite enjoying this project! And because I'm the beginner knitter, the pattern corrections are coming through from other, more competent knitters before I get to those bits! I figure I'm testing the pattern to see if it really is possible for an 'advanced beginner' :-)

To see more creative spaces, visit the queen of the quilt project (which was amazing by the way, I'm so glad I got to see it in person!).

17 comments:

JennyMac said...

I wish I had that talent...so cool.

Aussie-waffler said...

That's some darn impressive work for a beginner. Well done.

Selina said...

Fabulous job for a "beginner knitter", fabulous job indeed!!

Unknown said...

Wow you are doing amazing...I am overwhelmed just by looking at it but you've got it under control :)

Kate said...

Loving the concept of an advanced beginner. Looks like you are doing a fantastic job.

Kirsty said...

I don't speak knittish but your progress shots look fabulous!

Gina said...

Heh heh me no speak knittish either, but that ribbing, my oh my, you are a GUN!

Pippi creates said...

Excellent work for an 'advanced beginner'! The ribbing looks great. Loving that milky chocolate colour too.

Twincerely,Olga said...

how beautiful! Just wanted to say hi! stop by

M* (Melanie) said...

It's unreal! It looks so neat and perfect. A beginner? You're a natural. And great score on getting the tips before you get there! There's a happy ending here...

Tracey@bountifully said...

your knitting looks pretty good to me! I am on go 6 or 7 of trying to knit ribbing in the round... nice to visit your lovely blog

Unknown said...

Ummmm hop on over to my site NEXT week to see a real beginner knitter. i am learning from youtube tutorials- so sad I know- and I am easily distracted... the 5 rows I've got going right now are a bit of a fright. But I am having fun and hope it'll come with time. Your knits looks gorgeous. xo m.

Nikki said...

It's looking great Anna. I'm wondering if your knitting "L" plates need to be changed to "P" plates!

yardage girl said...

I'm super impressed with those needle thingys - beginner, my foot! Looking lovely! nic

Sally said...

Love the colour of the yarn.
You look like a very talented beginner!

Anonymous said...

Beginner!? Are you joking? It looks brilliant and very advancing to me. Can't wait to see it finished. : )
~ Alisa

mama reddog said...

Loving it so far and can say without a doubt, you are NOT a beginner knitter!