Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Progress!

When my sister-in-law and her husband were staying with us last week, I let them earn their keep by being yarn holders for me while I wound my skein of linen (yes, I'm a cruel host). So I've started my string bag!

I've had a few driveway sessions over the last few days (while madame sleeps in the car), so I'm probably about half way! The pattern is exceedingly simple and because it has big holes, it feels really quick to make progress. I'm also using a Soft Touch hook for the first time - it's marvelous!!
If we manage to fit in many more driveway sessions over the next few days, I might be finished it by the end of the week, which would make it a miraculously speedy project for me. I can always dream!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Looks beautiful, love a quick project. What's a soft touch hook?

Gina said...

Oh that's looking just gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Gotta love the quick projects!!! It's looking good and I love the color...I want some of those hooks....

Liesl said...

I have string bag envy! The colour is so beautiful. Do you think the pattern would be suitable for a novice (who can only make granny squares)??

Virginia G said...

I love the color! That looks like a fun project!

Nikki said...

You are going to have to changed you name to just dillpickle soon!