Friday, October 23, 2009

One whole string bag

Finished!! I seem to be saying that more often these days!

Here are the details:
Pattern: free from The Purl Bee, here
Yarn: Louet Euroflax linen in Burgundy

The yarn was surprisingly nice to work with. I still managed to put the hook through the strand occasionally, but I suspect it's as much me as my tools! I also have a decent amount left over. The pattern is made up of chains and sc (or dc if you want to translate it to Australian), so is really simple, especially if you can count. I also LOVED using this hook. It has a flat, thick handle which makes it really comfortable to use - I don't have any 3.25mm grooves in my fingers which is nice!

I really enjoyed making it, and I like the finished product, too (always a good thing). It's also HUGE - it looks small, but when I put a lemon in it, you should have seen it stretch! So it should fit a decent amount of shopping in it.

It could be a really good Christmas present option, but I need to work out if the people I might give it to will actually appreciate it....

4 comments:

Gina said...

It's awesome. I love string bags, and I'm sure they would get used. (I've lost mine but they'd be such a good idea instead of green bags to just keep around in the handbag). Was the strap part hard to make?

Kate said...

Looks fantastic! I've been looking at that pattern for a while now but it's definitely on my to do list now..

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

That is really cool. Love the colour.

A Pretty Trip said...

Love love love that - is it easy to make?